The Porcelain SeedLamp is made of thin porcelain and voided traces of barley and quinoa seeds that were embedded within the porcelain prior to firing.
Incorporating a 7W LED light bulb that is comparable to a 70W incandescent bulb, it is designed to use the material quality of a thin translucent porcelain that allows light to shine through it. The porcelain gives an amber tone to the color of the light and makes it warmer, softer and diffused. The voided seed traces glow in a stronger hue and create a map of its process and a seeded constellations.
The Seedlamp is part of our Earthlight series that was developed during a long research process, partially funded by the 'Pratt Institute Faculty Development Fund'.
PORCELAIN SEEDLAMP : Pendant Lamp | Minimal Lighting | Hanging Lamp
- Shade dimensions: 3"D x 3"W x 10"H.
- Bulb: 13.5W LED standard screw bulb (supplied) - 75W equivalent
- UL Listed
- Ships within 4-10 business days.
- Handmade in New York.
- Can be customized for European voltage. (see technical info notes)
- Materials: translucent porcelain, Braided cords.